Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On Running After One's Hat

When i sat down and began to read this essay i was not in the best of moods since i am sick once again. I was able to envision the town of Battersea quit clearly thanks to Chestertons easy way of writing. This is one of the first essays, excluding a piece of chalk,that we've read that hasn't almost put me to sleep i must admit and it did brighten my mood for a little while. After reading this i realized that i will have to stop and try to look at the things that frustrate me as an adventure.
I love the connection he makes when hes telling his friend to look at the jammed drawer as sumthing exciting and not exasperating. Chesterton had to be a preety happy go lucky guy i think to look at those kinds of situations in such a possitive light, or maybe he was just a boy traped in a mans body considering his last story we read also had a child like quality to it, and i envy him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment