Wednesday, February 11, 2009

5 first paragraphs to essays of maybe future essays

1) They hang from the post of my bed as constant reminders. Reminders of past moments in my life. Unfortunately they do not all represent what you might consider happy moments, but important moments to me none the less. I collect objects and
I don't mean objects as in shapes like triangles or squares, but as in trinkets. I have many of these objects in my room and they span from stuffed animals to books. Those objects all bring back happy memories and remind me of good times. The most significant of these objects however are those upside down flowers.

2) It was a good day until that most unwelcome hand touched my face. To look at that hand you would think it a rather normal hand. But closer inspection would reveal, to the immense dissatisfaction of two of my senses, its slick coating of a rather horrible smelly film. Unfortunately its wielder decided to contact my face and not my arm. How I wish it could have been my arm! If it had been I would not be scared the way I am today.

3) I will have trouble falling to sleep tonight. I know this and yet I can not stop myself from thinking these things. It is terrifying to recall that sense of dread, of anxiety, of raw fear. To know that when I fall asleep tonight might be the night I have to feel those things all over again and it makes me sick to my stomach. The only comfort I have is to know that at least one other person has experienced these things and she agrees that it is fear in one of its truest and rawest forms. Strange that that should be a comfort.

4) Why do we put on an act for some people, some situations? One might say it is our body's natural reaction to uncomfortable or new situations. Others would say we do it on purpose to try to blend in and be excepted. I have another motive to put on an act though. I do it out of love. To hide that breaking going on inside me I put on an act for my papa. I smile cause I love him and could never bear to cause him any more unnecessary pain from him having to see how I feel inside.

5) If you could ask one about their existence its response might be: "I've had more butts, pieces of gum, and coats of paint on me than you could imagine." Honestly, if you think about it how fascinating would it be to hear the life story of a park bench. Just think of all the the things its seen. Granted its been stuck in one spot its whole existence but regardless its had life brought to it. It never had to seek life out, life came to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment