Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Scissortail festival

I attended all the featured writers and I enjoyed them all way more than I thought I would enjoy the festival. I particularly enjoyed Elmer Kelton out of all of them though. Here is a man who is 80 something going on 90 and he is still getting around and enjoying speaking about his life and his works hes done in his lifetime. He made me realise that your never to old to do the things you love to do and you should never give up on them either and that is one way he inspired me. I have never read anything of his but now that I've heard him speak at the festival I plan to read his book on his life. He makes writing sound so effortless with that easy rhythm he has and that is something else he inspired me to be able to do one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment